The feed water characteristics and pre-treatment are fundamental for the use of the membranes and the EDI modules.
Pretreatment is necessary to:
- remove particles that could damage the membranes;
- reduce the possibility of scale precipitation;
- eliminate free chlorine.
Stilmas is able to furnish the pre-treatment suitable for every requirement. For sizing of plant, it is necessary to obtain and analyze the complete raw water analysis.
Stilmas can supply:
- potabilization plant;
- oxidation processes for the elimination of heavy metals;
- sand and multimedia filters;
- activated carbon filters, simple or steam sterilizable;
- zeolyte filters: organic scavengers;
- chemical dosing system;
- microfiltration systems;
- UV lamp.
Particular care is given to the design of pretreatment systems, in order to grant the lowest risk of bacteriological uncontrolled growth.
- food industries